The Annual Show will be on Saturday 2nd September 2023 at the Constable Hall, starting at 2pm. This will be our 127th Annual Show.
Please follow this link to see the 2023 Show Schedule and Entry Form: Show Schedule
We will also have refreshments to include drinks from the bar, tea, coffee and cakes.
HINTS AND TIPS ON EXHIBITING AT THE ANNUAL SHOW
Here is a link to a document with detailed suggestions for exhibitors: Tips for Exhibitors
- Read your schedule carefully, checking any rules. Allow plenty of time for staging.
- On Show Morning, collect your entry cards from the Show Secretary's Office at the venue.
- Make sure your entry cards are correct. Put them by your entries with the name face down.
- Make your exhibits as attractive as possible.
- When the schedule asks for vegetables to be trimmed, 75mm leafstalks should remain and be tied neatly. Cut peas and beans off at the vine with scissors leaving stalks attached. Cut tomatoes this way too, leaving the calyx (stalk) intact for showing.
- Beetroot should be round and of even size - 60mm to 75mm. Courgettes should be young and tender, 150mm long and approximately 35mm in diameter. Courgettes may be shown with or without flowers. Cucumbers may be shown with or without their flowers still attached.
- Prepare root vegetables by washing them carefully with a soft cloth to avoid damaging the surface.
- Exhibit soft fruit with stalks attached (currants in bunches). Show plums and other fruits with their natural bloom left on and unpolished - unless otherwise stated in the schedule.
- Biggest isn't always best! Uniform size and colour is important too.
Good luck to all exhibitors - let's all enjoy another great Show.
For a list of all the Banksian Medal Winners, follow this link: Banksian Medal winners